Michael J. Murphy, Attorney at Law
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org*
- Direct Phone: 224-633-1976
“In recent years real estate matters have become increasingly complex transactions, especially since the worst housing market crisis in U.S. history, which occurred back in 2008. That crisis devastated the economy. It also left millions of homeowners underwater on their mortgages, or facing the loss of their homes through foreclosure. Many years later, the housing market continues to slowly recover. To safeguard against a similar crisis in the future, numerous new regulations have been instituted to govern real estate transactions. Accordingly, it is essential for anyone buying or selling real estate to have experienced, competent, legal representation. The primary focus of my career, which began well before the 2008 crisis, has been to represent clients in these matters, always with their best interests in mind.”
Michael was admitted to the Illinois Bar in 2000. Since that time, he has concentrated his practice primarily in residential and commercial real estate matters. Michael majored in International Studies at DePaul University where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, in 1997. Thereafter, he studied law at IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law and earned his Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree in 2000. Then in 2005, Michael further achieved the professional distinction of becoming a Certified Relocation Professional (CRP).
Since beginning his career, Michael has been an active member of the Illinois State Bar Association. He firmly believes in the importance of continuing legal education, and regularly participates in accredited programs regarding current legal trends and developments. In addition, he periodically presents seminars on legal topics involving his areas of concentration. Born on a U.S. Army base in Germany, Michael currently resides in Cary, IL. His personal interests include world affairs, politics, reading, movies, music, and water sports. But his greatest enjoyment comes from spending time with his wife, Cyndi, and their two young sons, Kyle and Colin.
Michael is honored to maintain a prestigious Five Star peer review rating on the Martindale-Hubble lawyer directory. He also holds a “Top Attorney” rating and is a “Top Contributor” on Avvo. As a result of these distinctions, combined with the following professional achievements, Michael is one of the premier real estate attorneys in the area.
- Over 17 years of practical, hands-on experience with all types of real estate matters.
- Successfully closed more than 5,000 residential sales and purchases.
- Expert negotiation and communication skills.
- Established long-term professional relationships with numerous top producing real estate brokers in Barrington and throughout the larger Chicago-Metro area.
- Extensive knowledge of all types of real estate matters, including:
- Residential sales and purchases
- New construction
- 1st time homebuyers
- Commercial sale and purchases
- Corporate relocation (departure and destination) services
- 1031 “Starker” exchanges
- For Sale by Owner (“FSBO”) transactions
- Investor strategies
- Thorough knowledge of lending practices, loan types, and grant programs, including conventional, FHA, VA, and IDHA.
- In depth comprehension of complex title insurance issues.
*Your email to Piercey & Associates, Ltd. may not be protected by the attorney/client privilege unless we currently represent you. If we do not currently represent you, we recommend that you keep the details of your email to general terms and that you do not disclose sensitive information about yourself until an attorney/client relationship can be established.