Kenneth A. Piercey
Kenneth A. Piercey, Partner
Ken assists high net worth clients with proper estate planning, estate tax elimination, asset protection, special needs planning, probate, medicaid and long term care planning, business success planning, and tax reduction strategies. His approach to client relationships is one of simplifying the overall choices available to them. As such, they make the best decisions for themselves and their heirs. As a Christian attorney, Ken is one of the few Qualified Member Attorneys of Kingdom Advisors – a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing Biblical wisdom to financial and estate planning. He handles probate and guardianship cases in Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane, DeKalb, and Winnebago Counties in Illinois as well as all Wisconsin counties.
- Has successfully completed over one thousand estate plans
- Has served as trustee for trusts with assets in excess of $2 million
- Has served as administrator for estates in excess of $2.5 million
- With frequency, is hired to review and comment on existing estate plans created by other attorneys
- Has eliminated Federal estate taxes for clients with assets in excess of $70 million
- Has eliminated Illinois estate taxes for clients with assets in excess of $15 million
- Successfully avoided collection of claims in excess of $1 million asserted against clients whether alive or asserted against an estate
- Protected a beneficiary of a trust against a claim in excess of $700K so that no amount was due
- Consistently retained to prove heirship, remove funds from the County Treasurer and distribute the funds to their rightful owners
- Has represented a corporate client with assets in excess of $1 trillion
- Obtained over $5 million in judgments for clients whom otherwise would not have received any inheritance
- Successfully disinherited a beneficiary of a trust who was convicted of murdering the grantor of the trust
- Successfully removed a trustee from a trust for the benefit of the trust beneficiaries
Elder and Disability Law
- Has applied for and obtained Veteran’s Affairs benefits for the elderly and disabled
- With frequency, advises clients on various long-term care strategies – many of which are exempt from the five (5) year Medicaid look-back period
- Successfully drafted and implemented irrevocable trusts compliant with the Medicaid and exemption rules
- With frequency, is retained to represent disabled clients in guardianship
Publications and Distinctions
- Published by the National Business Institute™
- Lectured to attorneys, CPAs, and IRS agents on the taxation of trusts and tax reduction strategies
- Served as an expert witness on trust interpretation in a murder trial by jury
- Quoted by the Daily Herald
- Nationally accredited Veteran Attorney
- Guest speaker on AM 560
- Recognized by the Chicago Tribune, the Wall Street Journal, The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel magazines
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Regularly participates in the Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning’s educational program – the nation’s leading conference on estate planning
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois and Wisconsin
What questions can we answer right now?
Piercey & Associates, Ltd.
1525 S. Grove Avenue, Suite 204
Barrington, IL 60010
Piercey & Associates, LTD.
*Your email to Piercey & Associates, Ltd. may not be protected by the attorney/client privilege unless we currently represent you. If we do not currently represent you, we recommend that you keep the details of your email to general terms and that you do not disclose sensitive information about yourself until an attorney/client relationship can be established.