Since 1973, Rodney H. Piercey has been serving affluent and high net worth clients with estate planning, asset protection and tax elimination planning. For more than half of his career, he has been designing customized plans for cutting and/or eliminating taxes for this same client base. Featured in “Chicago’s Top Rated Lawyers” magazine; Rodney has also been quoted in the Chicago Tribune and been interview on radio and TV concerning estate planning and tax issues. As a leader in developing creative and comprehensive legacy strategies for protecting wealth and assets, he received the AV Preeminent™ rating by Martindale Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ – the highest rating for an attorney’s legal ability and professional ethics.
- Has completed over 5,000 estate plans which eliminated the risks, costs and delays of probate
- Worked on estate plans ranging in size to $910 million
- Assisted in redirecting more than $217 million away from estate taxes and to charities and heirs
- Eliminated estate taxes in more than 650 estate plans which were otherwise taxable
- Conducted more than 110 seminars and workshops on asset protection, estate and tax elimination planning
- Co-author of Combining Life Insurance and Annuity Policies to Create a Financial Engine for a Non-grantor CLAT, Journal of Practical Estate Planning, CCH Incorporated, Aug/Sept 2004
- Author of Tax Elimination Planning; The Ten Most Common Mistakes in Estate Planning; How a Charitable Trust Can Save You Taxes; The New Tax Law – An Update, all of which were featured in a national charity’s newsletter
- For more than 20 years, has successfully represented an Illinois-based university, assisting donors to make tax efficient planned gifts
- For over two decades has successfully represented a national charity by conducting a national workshop program covering Charitable Remainder Trusts, Revocable Living Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, Gift Annuities, bargain sale gifts and outright cash gifts
- Completed a $9 million Charitable Lead Trust benefiting a national Christian charity
- Worked with over 15 charities in developing and implementing planned programs
- Recently completed a $40 million Charitable Remainder Trust for Timberland in South Corilina
- Indiana University, B.A.
- Indiana University School of Law, J.D.
- Graduate of the Family Wealth Counseling two-year training school on Tax Elimination Planning
- Graduate of the Renaissance School of Social Capital concentrating on charitable planning tools
*Your email to Piercey & Associates, Ltd. may not be protected by the attorney/client privilege unless we currently represent you. If we do not currently represent you, we recommend that you keep the details of your email to general terms and that you do not disclose sensitive information about yourself until an attorney/client relationship can be established.